Friday, November 7, 2008




Pre Authoring










- Getting the multimedia elements (text, graphics, pictures, sounds, animation)





During the pre authoring stage, I planned on the type of multimedia elements which I considered relevant and useful for my website. Since the website is a product catalogue designed to showcase the latest shoes, accessories, and promotions happening at the physical store.










First, I have sellected various pictures of shoes that I consider trendy and suitable for the website. Besides that, I had also refered to varios shoes websites. I managed to get a lot of ideas especially from websites such as http://www.lewre.com/, http://www.bakersshoes.com/, where I found ideas such as putting up Discount notifications, Sales announcements, as well as showcasing the lastest trends from the international scene.










- Sellect the multimedia computer system





As we have been using Adobe Dreamweaver during class sessions, therefore as a requirement, we decided to use Adobe Dreamweaver to create the website. Since the nature of my website is a catalogue of shoes, bags, and accessories, therefore I feel the website has to largely potray or showcase pictures of the items for sale in our store. In other words, the website has to look graphic and users should be able to clearly view the pictures without any hassle.










Authoring










- Choosing the authoring tool





Here, I am using Adobe Photoshop to edit the photographs. During the editing process, i did encounter certain problems where the format of the photographs where not formatted. Therefore, I had to Save the pictures as Photoshop files, and make a copy as Jpeg file.










Image editing





My favourite was to use the Rollover image effect for most of the links in my website. For example, I have used this rollowover image effect to showcase the products of the store, such as the shoes, accessories, and bags. Here, I have made it in such a way that when a user actually drives his mouse over the image, then the details of the product appeare together with the price of the product. With this, visitors of the website are able to view the showcased itema very clearly, as well as check out the product information without any hassle. Besides using rollover image for showcasing the products, I have also incorporated the rollover image to showcase the Discounts allocated for the products. As well as the Notification of shoe sales, for example.










- Import multimedia elements





In this stage, I have finally managed to edit all the multimedia elements, especially the large number of images comprising of shoes, accessories, and handbags. Once done, I have saved it all in Photoshop and Jpeg format, so that it can be now readily available and used for publishing the website effectively.










Post Authoring










- Choose storage system





In terms of storing the website, I have saved the details (including pictures, texts, designs, background colcours) into a common folder for pictures. I usually open the images for editing in photoshop, via accessing this particular folder. All the details of the website, including the idex page, all other pages, and banners are saved within the folder named as "Company Website". It was easy to locate everything that I needed in this folder. Besides that, I was also using this common folder to access the images that I used for editing proposes.










- Choose delivery system





The type of delivery system we are looking at here is the 'Web based delivery'. In other words, using the web to publicise and view the website. This is more commonly used depending on the nature of the website. Since the website is a catalogue to view the product showcase, to my opinion, this website has to be accessible among people accross all continents. Since Ranked as Euphoric & Dazzling aims to expand its wings and target international markets. This is another method to access or achieve a larger market share and exposure for Ranked as Euphoric & Dazzling.










No comments: